Friday, January 16, 2009

Chicken Noodle Casserole

I know, I know...another chicken noodle casserole recipe. I know that everyone has made this dish, but I'm telling you, this one is delicious and I make it all the time. The leftovers are even better the next day. This one is similar to Mom's recipe but it has sour cream instead of mayo. (I'm not much of a mayo person.) Enjoy!

Loralee's Chicken Noodle Casserole

10 oz. noodles, cooked and drained (any noodle you like will work)
1 tbs. butter
1 medium onion
1/2 c. chopped celery
1 can cream of chicken soup
3/4 c. milk
8 oz. Jack cheese (or as much as you want)
1 c. diced, cooked chicken
1/2 c. sour cream
1/2 c. buttered bread crumbs
1/4 parmesan cheese

Cook noodles and drain cooking liquid. Add sour cream and place in a 9x13 baking dish and sprinkle with half the cheese.
Saute onion and celery in butter. Once soft, combine with milk and cream of chicken soup and season to taste. Add chicken and mix well. Layer on top of noodles and top with remaining cheese and breadcrumbs. Bake at 350 for 25 minutes or until golden brown.

1 comment: